||Out of stock
Forton™ VF-774 is an all acrylic, co-polymer dispersion (51% solids) specifically formulated for the GFRC production process. VF-774 is UV stable. It is further formulated to be stable and durable in the high pH Portland cement-based GFRC composite.
The Primary Benefits of Using Forton™ VF-774 are:
- Elimination of the seven day wet curerequired to achieve the maximum strengths of the GFRC composite.
- Significant improvements in the long-term durability of the GFRC composite, especially the maintenance of the long-term flexural strain to failure property, i.e. ductility of the composite.
Other Advantages to Using Forton™ VF-774:
- Improved workabilityof the mix at low water/cement ratios, further enhancing the strength of the cured cement matrix.
- Easy spraying of vertical surfaceswithout having the face mix sag.
- Complete dispersion of iron oxide pigmentsfor batch-to-batch color consistency of face mixes.
- UV stability of the Forton™ polymermeans architectural finishes maintain their “as produced” colors.
- Hard cured face mixesfor better sand blasting uniformity.
- Tighter, denser cured product,which reduces absolute moisture absorption and vapor permeability while at the same time significantly reducing the rate of absorption as a function of time.
- Elimination of crazing and spider crackingin the face mix due to the soft polymer particles in between the cement particle and the sand grain.
PCI Compliance: Forton™ VF-774 complies with Appendix G of MNL 130, the Manual for Quality Control for Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Products from the PCI for the elimination of the seven day wet cure.